6.28.2011

Sweater Pillow

Last week I made my 20 Minute Pillow Shams and I mentioned making another pillow out of a sweater.

I have this sweater that shrunk slightly and doesn't fit me as well anymore, but I've been saving it.
Sorry my pictures aren't that great, I did this at night :(
I started by cutting the bottom off , then cutting the largest rectangle I could from one side of the body
Fold right sides together and sew along the short side. 
Then I had to do a little tricky math to find out what size circle to cut for the ends. I actually had to google how to compute how to get the diameter of a circle from the circumference. Let's face it people, who really remembers those formulas from school? Not this chick! Anywho, once I had that I had to draw a circle. It probably would have been easier if I had a protractor or whatever those things are called, but I don't. I just tied a piece of yarn to a pencil and measured out what I needed. It worked pretty well if I do say so myself.

So then I used the bottom piece of my sweater I cut off originally and cut 2 circles out of it.

Then just sew them on the ends! Leave a hole in one so you can turn it right side out and stuff, then close up your hole and it's done! Took probably 30 minutes total. I do love me a quick project!



It's kindof a small pillow, but I had a very small sweater to begin with. Oh well, it's perfect size to slip under my neck for a cat nap!

Much Love~
Meredith

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute pillow! I'll definitely have to keep it in mind.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog!

Have a fantastic day!

P.S. I do my best to reply to every single comment I get, but if you are a no-reply blogger I can't see your email address to reply. Please change your settings so we can be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...