6.27.2011

Plastic Plate Upcycle

I have this stack of cheap plastic plates I bought several years ago for my RV.
I tried to sell them in a garage sale last year,but in the end they were still on my table.
So I've been holding on to them knowing I could do something crafty with them.
Then the other morning it hit me and I knew what to do.
So here's what I started with:

I took some cream colored scrap book paper, cut it into strips and covered each plate.

I wanted each plate to mimic a specific flower on the curtains in my kitchen.
I just started cutting out shapes to make flowers and modge podged them on the plates.
Then gave the whole plate a good coat of modge podge

When it dried, I flipped the plate over and cut the edges off with an exacto knife.
I am so in LOVE with how they look!








Whatcha think?
I can't stop staring at them...literally!
Hope you enjoy!

Much Love~
Meredith

Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Those are so so so so cute! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely fantastic luv it...

    Do not forget to add our linking it this party here http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/06/beautiful-furniture-redo-pop-up-cards.html
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out nicely, good job!
    Teddie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/06/tuesday-confessional-link-party.html. I hope to see you soon!
    ~Macy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with those! They're awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw some plates at Target yesterday that were 90% off and I thought, "I know these would be great for a craft, but I don't know what."

    Now I do! Thanks for the inspiration.

    http://kidscatsclutterandklutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Stopping by to invite you to link this up to Thrifty Thursdays. Blessings!

    Johnnie

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog!

Have a fantastic day!

P.S. I do my best to reply to every single comment I get, but if you are a no-reply blogger I can't see your email address to reply. Please change your settings so we can be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...