10.18.2011

Crayon Garden

Have you seen all the melted crayon art like this one on Pinterest and around bloggyland??
source
Ok I think they are AWESOME!!
However, I don't like the rainbow effect...maybe for a kids room or a playroom, but I need grown up art.
I also don't like the crayons glued on top...again, kinda juvenile.

Here's my spin on it and how I did it.

I used a bunch of random crayons that I stole, um, borrowed from the kid while she was at school {hey she prefers markers anyway} I taped them all to a velveeta box with painters tape.
 I rested the edge of the cardboard on the top edge of the canvas so my crayons hung over the top just a wee bit
 Then bust out the blow dryer and melt away! I'm not gonna lie...it's time consuming...lots of waiting...like watching grass grow...seriously
 I kinda made a mess
 And splattered some crayon on the wall...and maybe my carpet. But it's cool...I'm painting that wall next month and the floors are getting replaced in the spring.
 So here's where I stopped
I flipped it upside-down and added some paper flowers I made.

 And I have a grown up piece of crayon artwork!

I love!

Please protect your walls and floors better than I did if you attempt this :)

Much Love~
Meredith

Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. That is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really great! I bought several boxes of crayons to do this but haven't tried yet. Yours is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my what a wonderful way to use all the busted crayons?
    Would luv for my readers to follow this, inviting you to link at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/10/halloween-ideas-and-home-decor-party.html
    Thanks
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I admit that I've seen these melted crayon canvases and I couldn't understand what the fuss was about. I'm just not a fan. Yours though, is so neat. I love what you've done with this. This is a version I could definitely get behind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen this before and I love it! Sorry about your walls and hopefully it won't show through when you paint over it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet if you use an embossing gun you could really move this process along. Those babies get HOT real quick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. COOOOL! I never thought to flip it over like that! Great idea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome!!! I LOVE your version! Super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the grown-up palette version! Great touch with the flowers too!

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic!! Adore your version! :)
    Thanks for sharing at Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And I'm making it a feature this week's Show & Share!
    Hope you'll grab a button!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! What an original take!! And pinned you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't been too WOW about the rainbow ones. Yours is WOW! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog!

Have a fantastic day!

P.S. I do my best to reply to every single comment I get, but if you are a no-reply blogger I can't see your email address to reply. Please change your settings so we can be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...