This week's tip comes from Sew It Love It. Ilse made a list of the 12 most common mistakes when cutting fabric. I'm going to give you the list, but you'll have to visit her blog to get specifics on each point. I'm not trying to steal her post, mmmkay.
12 Mistakes to Avoid when Cutting Fabric:
1. Forgetting to preshrink
2. Leaving wrinkles
3. Letting fabric hang off the table's edge
4. Ignoring pattern layout instructions
5. Fabric nap in the wrong direction
6. Upside down prints
7. Unmatched plaids and stripes
8. Cutting on the right side of fabric
9. Twisted grain lines
10. Grain going crosswise, not lengthwise
11. Using old or dirty shears
12. Moving patterns
I found her article extremely useful. Hope you will too! Visit Sew It Love It and educate yourself on cutting fabric!