2.18.2013

Silhouette Mustaches

Do you remember last May when I got a Silhouette Cameo for my birthday?


I am ashamed to admit I haven't really used it much since I got it. Most of that is due to the fact that my laptop crashed last summer and my desktop can't handle the program. But now that I have my new fancy laptop, I've started to figure out how this bad boy works!

First project I worked on is cutting a vinyl phrase to put on the wall at work. It look me a super long time to figure out how to do this and I definitely made some mistakes, but my photo manager got the saying she wanted and she's happy with it.


Super awesome cell phone picture too! The hardest part was cutting out the little Mary Poppins!

Even though that saying didn't work out all nice and perfect, it gave me the motivation (and extra vinyl paid for by my boss) to create something I've been wanting to put in my house for a long time....



I love it! It's right above my closet in the entry hall. We have vaulted ceilings and that huge empty space was screaming for some attention!

And then last weekend, after a little vodka, I felt silly and made these...


I mean really, who doesn't need a mustache on their outlets?!?! I seriously walked around my house and put them on random outlets. They make me giggle every time I see one. I made some for my friend at work and my sister, who's totally obssessed with the stach!

For those of you who have a Silhouette, here's a tip for you....
The mustaches and the fancy scroll thingy besides my last name are both fonts. Go to dafont.com and look under the wingdings section. You can find TONS of cool shapes and things to use on your machine without having to pay for the graphics. Just download and install with your regular fonts and type away!

Now that I'm getting the hang of how this machine works, I might just start putting vinyl on everything! Haha

Hope you are having a great week!


Signature

Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. The Mary Poppins vinyl and saying looks GREAT!! I have had my Silhouette for a little over a year now and I haven't even tried that big of a project yet! Don't know if I ever will. I like doing the little things with my machine. I LOVE brackets you used on your wall! So pretty! The little mustaches are funny :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! I LOVE the mustache's (mustaches?)...so funny and cute!
    The cutting out indeed looks like a TON of work. I adore Mary Poppins, and love the quote!
    Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. O my gosh! Too cute :) I love all of the above!

    The mustaches crack me up!

    Brie @ Breezy Pink Daisies

    ReplyDelete

  4. very helpful information, thank you very much this can be very useful for us all Ghost Mannequin services

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog!

Have a fantastic day!

P.S. I do my best to reply to every single comment I get, but if you are a no-reply blogger I can't see your email address to reply. Please change your settings so we can be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...